Senior Physiotherapist for Pregnancy and Beyond
At Plus One Wellbeing we are about the feel good factor.
During pregnancy your body goes through a multitude of changes that include:
- a change in your centre of gravity due to the growth of the baby
- hormonal changes that cause your ligaments to become more mobile
- changes in muscle tone and strength and a loss of stability
These factors can predispose some women to pain and discomfort particularly in the lower back and pelvis.
At Plus One Wellbeing our focus is on strengthening and stabilising your lower back and pelvis and tightening and toning your pelvic floor and abdominals to restore your stability, strength and posture.
We provide assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal problems related to pregnancy and childbirth which include:
- Lower back pain
- Sacro-iliac joint problems
- Pubic symphysis pain
- Pelvic floor issues
- Linea Alba Diastasis (separation or strain of the abdominals)
- Pre and Post Natal Rehabilitation and fitness conditioning
- Post caesarean rehab and management
- Post gynaecological/abdominal surgery – rehabilitation and management
At Plus One Wellbeing we provide a specific assessment of your body alignment and muscle function and prescribe an individually tailored programme of hands on treatment and exercise prescription.
We have a holistic approach where we look at your overall wellbeing so you can have more energy for yourself and your family.
More information: www.plusonewellbeing.com
To make an appointment:
Phone 09 481 0680